Early Saturday, March 7th, Cadie gets admitted to the Med/Surg floor. We are in Rm 169. She has IV fluids hanging, we are exhausted. She isn't peeing, did not have anymore stools, and isn't allowed anything by mouth. She can have tylenol suppositories for the low grade fever she seems to be running.
Saturday was a long day. My parents went to Methodist to visit JM. I called him during evening visiting hours and talked to him. He seemed ok.
Cadie finally had a wet diaper late in the day. We were happy about that. Must mean that she was getting rehydrated. Daddy took the noc off work and so did I. Cadie clung to us. One of us was always holding her, and the other was up moving around to get things for the parent who was tied down.
Thankfully, Jason's parents were on hand to take care of Courtney. Bless them for becoming 24hr parents while we were in the hospital with Cadie. Courtney had a fluke temp of 102 on Saturday, but she had some Motrin and never had another temp or acted sick at all.
Cadie on the other hand, we started to advance her diet to clear liquids and she puked everything back up again. This resulted us staying longer in the hospital. She still hadn't pooped after her initial pooping in ER and so was given another suppository. That got things moving and she had pure liquid then! Once we did the 2nd suppository, poor miss Cadie has done nothing but have diarrhea.
Kay, Aunt Cindy, Grandparents and Courtney all visited on Sunday. Poor Cadie spent her time laying on the couch. She was so so sick.
Finally, late Sunday I tried a popsicle. She did tolerate that pretty well.
Monday morning, when Doc came in... we were ready to leave. I had all the confidence in the world we were ready to go home.
We left, got home, Cadie walked in the door and Courtney greeted her with a big hug! It was so cute and something I wish I had on video!
Once we got settled in... Jason and I had to get ready for a meeting with JMs counselor at Methodist. Jason, me, my parents, and Jeff (Jeffrey's dad) were all in attendence at the meeting. We don't know an estimate of when he is going to be released, but they had very positive things to say about JM. I was glad to hear that. I find JM to be a delight and he is such a good kid. I hope he learns some better coping skills. I will also work harder at getting him more involved out here.
My mom made a comment about Jeff and I should have just let them assume she was the guardian. Neither Jeff nor I want to do that. I absolutely do not want to be left out of the loop when it comes to what is going on with JM and I do believe my mother would do that.
If there was some way to get him to move here... I would do that in a second!
Though, I know my parents love him, but often times they don't interact with JM. I asked JM if he would like to ride the bus to my house and come out at least 2 days a week. He said he would and we will start that immediately once he is released.
After our meeting, mom, dad and Jeff headed back to Canton. Jason and I went to eat at Olive Garden (that is 2x in less than 1 week)! We met up with my friend Jeri Ainsworth and her boyfriend Dusty Cape. Jeri and I visited with JM for his hour of visiting time and we had a blast. JM has the greatest sense of humor and Jeri is a gullible sucker! LOL
I loved it! I think JM was very happy over our visit as well.
Jason and I get home, releave his mom from watching the kids, and get the twins in bed.
What a day!
Happy new year!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment